Our Holiday Retreat House at Salamander Bay is a light and relaxing family space with amazing views.
Sleeping up to ten people (plus one cot), the house is located right on the beach and is close to local parks and village shops.
Around one hour north of Newcastle NSW, the areas boasts fabulous attractions, including dolphin and whale watching, bushwalks, ten-pin bowling and other opportunities for fun.
The House, generously supported by the Joan Petersen Charitable Trust, has been carefully refurbished to allow easy access for wheelchairs.
Respite (including travel to/from Salamander Bay) is provided at no cost to eligible families who have a child impacted by cancer (on active or palliative treatment), and recently bereaved families.
For more details on eligibility criteria and how to apply, speak with your local Family and Hospital Support Coordinator on 1300 665 605.
Location:Programs are available to families on the East Coast
- Holiday Retreat accommodation is provided free to families impacted by cancer
- Retreat accommodation is designed to let families spend some time together to unwind and have fun
- Accommodation is situated in or near Newcastle, NSW
- The area has many sights and activities suitable for the whole family to enjoy
- To find out more about eligibility, call your local Family and Health Support Co-ordinator