This is the fourth, and latest incarnation of the Kids’ Guide to Cancer.
The content in this website/app has been created with the help and support of many children, parents, doctors, nurses, psychologists, educators and charities in the sector and we sincerely thank them for their knowledge, insights, support.
The original version of Kids’ Guide to Cancer app was made possible thanks to the generosity of the Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation.
We acknowledge and thank the following contributors who created the original content which has been reused and updated for this app, where appropriate.
- Alison Johns, parent and teacher
- Brittany McGill, Clinical Psychologist Registrar/Research Psychologist, Behavioural Sciences Unit, Kids Cancer Centre, Sydney Children’s Hospital; and School of Women’s & Children’s Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales.
- Carolyn Armstrong, Ronald McDonald Learning Program.
- Chandra Franken, former Primary School Program Manager, Camp Quality
- Charlotte Giorlando, primary school teacher
- Chrissy McGuiness, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, John Hunter Children’s Hospital and Camp Quality volunteer
- Dianne Cotterell, Clinical Nurse Consultant in Paediatric Oncology, John Hunter Children’s Hospital
- Dr Roger Przybylski, general practitioner and Camp Quality volunteer
- Elizabeth Humphries, Manager – Cancer Information, Cancer Council NSW
- Genevieve Antill and Cara Dahl, Camp Quality
- Kristine Hindle, Ronald McDonald Learning Program
- Marianne Fernandes, Education Program Coordinator, Children’s Hospital Education Research Institute
- Mark Simmons, Assistant Manager – Clinical Practice, BoysTown / Kids’ HelpLine
- Pip Bell, McGrath Telephone Support Breast Care Nurse, McGrath Foundation
- Veronica Oakley, Child Life Therapist, John Hunter Children’s Hospital
- Dan Higson and the crew at Smith and Western
- Young Carers NSW