Our Primary School Cancer Education Program, featuring the Camp Quality Puppets, helps schools create supportive communities for any child impacted by cancer, whether they are dealing with their own cancer diagnosis or the diagnosis of a sibling, mum, dad or carer.
Our puppets provide fun, interactive and age-appropriate cancer education that helps to dispel common misunderstandings and provide a shared language to facilitate cancer conversations. There is no cost for the school or students.
There are two shows aimed at different age groups:
- Caring Friend caters to kindergarten and lower primary students (up to Year 2) and runs for approximately 30 minutes.
- Caped Crusader caters to upper primary students (up to Year 6) and runs for approximately 60 minutes.
We can perform up to three shows per day with a maximum of 250 students per session.
Our program relates to kids on their level and explores themes relevant to the cancer experience, including:
- You can’t catch cancer from someone else
- Treatments and side-effects of cancer
- How to be supportive of someone facing cancer
- The importance of recognising our own strengths and the power of positivity
Request a Show